Friday 20 November 2009

Marriage Proposal - Couple's Corner #4

This should come 1st before the First Year of Being Married. I know it's too late, but I don't care. I wanna complete the Couple's Corner Meme. I just love it! Come and join us too. I tell you, it's so much fun.

The first thing that came to my mind upon reading the topic was, "Was there really a Marriage Proposal?" Geez!!! I can't remember! LOL.. We've been living together for about a year already and I know being pregnant is 100% possible, but we didn't know it will come that early. I was only 2nd year college and just celebrated my 19th birthday. I knew I was pregnant because of the morning sickness I was experiencing and all I need then was a confirmation. It was Christmas break so I went home in our province and there's no way I can have a test there. I still waited for school to resume for me and Mark to check it. Funny thing was, we both don't know how to use the pregnancy tester and so we almost damage it. Still the sign was positive, and we were just indenial about it because we thought we broke the tool. Then another test with a friend a few days after and still, it was positive.

Forgive me when I say that I thought of the most stupid thing to do that time. And THAT I am regretting every time I look at my daughter and I tell myself, "Where could this baby be if I did it?" and I know I will regret forever. My good gradeschool friend was the one who convinced me that everything will be ok in the end and that it's hard only at the beginning. Thank God I listened. I even researched about the different ways on how to do it, and it only led me to all the negative outcomes which made me decide to better face the problem and accept all the consequences. I believe, that's the bravest and wisest decision I have ever made in my life, so far.

It was never easy, knowing that I will disappoint everyone who's looking up to me. I am the eldest cousin who's considered as the eldest sister of all and everyone wants to be like me. I've got everything I wanted in my life, all the love anyone could ever ask for. And only for me to ruin it. I have a choice. I can pretend that everything's normal, but I chose to accept my faults and face the world.

I never forced Mark to marry me, and I also told myself that marriage is not what I want. I know Mark will never leave me, may we be married or not. But when I told my family about it, they explained things to me in a way that I will still be the one to decide. They told me that it is always better to have a whole and complete family. I don't have that, do I want it to happen to my baby as well? Then I thought about it. I told Mark that I want us to get married. He just started his job and was just starting his life. He didn't agree the first time. Then I said, I will never beg for him to marry me. But being turned down was painful. I got hurt, I admit. So I said it's alright, but he will never have the right to us. We will live alone and he can go on with his life. I told my tita what I decided on and she respected it. Until...

My one brave man arrived in my Tita's office and explained his side. He said he loves me and he wanted to give me a nice and decent wedding, but he can't do that yet because he just started working. My tita called me up and asked me to come to the office and didn't tell me Mark was there. I never had the chance to introduce him personally to my family because they don't want to. The EX was the only guy my family wants for me then. It was a brave move for my dear BF to face my Tita whom he knows never liked him.

Then, there... He said we are getting married. How? He don't know. LOL... I guess that's the proposal. There might not have an engagement ring, but I think that counts as the "Marriage Proposal" for us.

I thought having a happy and complete family was already impossible to achieve. Please continue and witness The Day We Said "I DO".

 


2 comments:

Mommy Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Lam mo AC, noong buntis ako at sa tingin ko eh hindi interesado si Fahfah Rod, I never ask him to marry me, not even to support me. But, I gave him a word that if in 2 years and he never married me to give my son a name, I will find someone to marry me. He got hurt,and he said "that's not a nice thing to say" We don't ask a guy to marry us for us, we ask them for our kids.

When I got pregnant with Roan, though I was a single mom and living on my own, I never had the slightest thought of having an abortion, even when Rodney said "it's just a size of a pea" he didn't directly told me anything, but I wasn't stupid not to realize what he's trying to insinuate. So, when Roan was born, and I try to bring up the subject, I can see his pain..Roan is our child, who was conceived when our relationship was still pre- mature, but looking at my son, I just smile and tell myself, I am so glad, I had this very strong personality and I decided to keep him. It's not his fault he was conceived. Di ba?

May mga couples talagang walang official Marriage Proposal gaya mo at gaya ko, pero..look at us, we are married to the ones we love, aren't i??

AC said... [Reply to comment]

bow ako sa courage and strength mo ate liz.. yun po talaga ang habang buhay kong pagsisisihan.. at pasalamat nalang ako dahil hindi ko ginawa..

Roan must be very proud of you, ate liz.. he's got one super loving mom who loves him unconditionally.

And buti nalang din po, God has been very good to us and He let us live a happy and wonderful life with the father of our kids..

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails