Monday 1 February 2010

Busy? Yeah! Working at Home - Earning Online

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk
A few weeks ago, I was just ranting about the negativity I am feeling for the year 2010. I thought of writing “Will 2010 Be My Year?” for me to somehow release the heavy loads I am feeling at the moment. And it really did. With the help of my dear blogger friends, Ate Liz and Ate Eds, I was able to feel the positivity that this year brings.

I focused myself on blogging. I thought of updating my two blogs, Happy Home-Making (which I will soon transform to Happy Home-Working) and Happy Home-Cooking because I want to monetize it soon. Then I thought of updating my profile in oDesk too. I signed up at oDesk September last year  with the help of Mommy Iris and haven’t got serious about it until last week.

I took up some more tests to boost my profile. I applied to different jobs I know I can handle. After only a day, I already received an invitation for an interview for a job I didn't even applied for. It appears that the buyer was the one who initiated the job and after a couple of days, he hired me. I was hired as an administrative officer. But before he finally hires me, I was first hired by another employer as data entry personnel. At that same day, I earned $6.50 and I was really very happy. I know it was not a huge salary to rejoice with, but hey! It's my first ever paid job. Then I started as an administrative officer on Monday and on Wednesday my employer asked me if I wanted to keep the job for long-term and soon for full-time when the business starts to pick-up. From administrative officer, I am now a Team Leader. What a blessing indeed! I was just praying for this job not to end and now I already have that assurance. Since there's no much work yet, I earned $15 for working for 4 hours the whole week. It is a per hour basis meaning - no work, no pay. So I thought of applying to other jobs again to occupy my vacant time.

Then now I am working on 20 articles about scrapbooking for only $30 fixed and to be submitted within 2 weeks. I applied for the job post because I want to build my profile and since I have a passion in scrapbooking, particularly digital and I also know a little bit about traditional scrapbooking, I thought it will not be difficult. Time is not a pressure since I know i can finish them all in less than a week. But when I learned that I am also the one who will think of the topics to be written, oh my! I was puzzled! =) So far, I have finished 10, so 10 more to go. Wish me luck!

I am now focusing on oDesk, but I will soon research on how to monetize my blogs for additional profits.

I always believe that working from home is not for me. But not anymore. I am happy to announce to the world that... I am now a certified Work At Home Mom! To God be the glory, indeed! Thank you LORD!!! I am earning while working from home and I can always be available for my family anytime.
If you are inspired by my story, then go on and click the oDesk badge on this post or on the upper left side of my blog, register and I'll walk you through. I am willing to help you get started. Remember, this marketplace is open wherever you are in the world.


2 comments:

Mommy Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, ang galing naman ah! That's the spirit!!!! I am so proud of you AC. good luck and more work, for more pay!! WAHM rules!!!

Stef said... [Reply to comment]

Hi AC! promise mo yan ha, walk through hehe!

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails