Thursday 28 January 2010

Welcoming a New Sibling - Mommy Moments

On this week's theme in MM, I'm still in the process of imagination. We are planning to have our second baby by June-August 2011 and hope to conceive by October/November this year. Our Alyssa is already 4 years old and by the time the baby arrives, she'll be 6 already. We've been conditioning her mind about having another baby and it seems that her responses are positive. 

For now, let's welcome baby Neera to the Saldua Family. =)

We always ask her if she wants a baby brother or a baby sister and her answer changes every time. I think it's good as her mind isn't fixed about the gender. We will not have a hard time explaining to her why the baby was not what she expected. Whenever she thought of her coming sibling, she always mention about how she wants to play with him/her. These are few of her statements; "Mum, if I have a baby brother OR baby sister, I will buy her (no more him) this toy so she can play with it."; "Mum, if I have a baby brother OR baby sister, I will help him (no more her) hold his milk bottle." The word OR is always there, but since she's still confused in using pronouns I just let her express how she feels no matter how she say it.

With this week's theme in MM, I'm sure I'm going to learn so much on how to prepare our eldest when her new sibling comes.

Happy Mommy Moments!

mommy moments
Join us too and let's share the joy of being a mom.


10 comments:

Mommy Liz said... [Reply to comment]

That's very good that she doesn't feel threatened about having sibling. I guess, if you talk to your child about having a baby sister or brother, they would understand. Aga ng post mo ah. Hehehe!

SASSY MOM said... [Reply to comment]

That's great AC! Conditioning her mind to the arrival of a new member of the family is very important. Good luck to you and your family!


By the way, I'd like to take this opportunity to invite you to my weekly meme. It's called
Pixelbug Weekend. It's a meme about the highlight of your weekend. Share it with us by sharing photos. The meme is every Monday. Hope you can join us.

Chubskulit Rose said... [Reply to comment]

Hahaha at a first glance, I was like, when did she get pregnant lol. Love the photos, goodluck sa pregnancy pka sana effective para next year may kapatid na si pretty allysa.

My Mommy Moments

redamethyst said... [Reply to comment]

hi. at least your daughter wants a baby brother or sister. My boy, who will be five this February still don't want to have a sibling. ^_^

rossel said... [Reply to comment]

good that she has positive responses. you won't have any problem about sibling rivalry in the future.

Dinah said... [Reply to comment]

You have a beautiful family :-) It is really best to prepare your kid to have a sibling. She will definitely love the newest addition to the family that way :-)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

My first reaction to the photo was "who is that baby" before realizing its a doll. My son is like that too...he already assigns things and plans should a sibling come along. I hope your plans push through :)

Chris adventures said... [Reply to comment]

Oh you are pretty, hubby is handsome and your daughter is beautiful. Wow great family...I want another baby too anytime this hopefully hehhe. Happy mommy moments. Mine is up...

Seiko said... [Reply to comment]

That's so great you and your hubby are starting early on explaining to your daughter. Making her use to the idea of having a baby brother or sister. Good job and God Bless!

Chris said... [Reply to comment]

wow, this is what i call early planning! kudos mommy... :) may God grant your heart's desires..

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails