Friday 20 November 2009

The Day We Said "I DO" - Couple's Corner #5


The Marriage Proposal was done and all we have was 3 months preparation for the Big Day. How it turned out? I'll continue...

The date was set to April 23, 2005 by the oldies. =) They said it was full moon and lucky. We have a couturier friend who's been doing our gowns years back, so gowns are not at all a problem. We've got gay super friends who can do all the decorations and planning. I can't thank them enough for giving so much of their efforts for FREE. My gown was supposed to be 15k, but my dear Kuya Ronald only charged us P5k and the rest were his gifts. The wedding and venue were coordinated by my dear Kuya Lawrence and his pals, Kuya Julius and Kuya Bob. I've got great angels who made the day possible. And of course, about 97% of all the expenses were shouldered by my supah kind In-Laws. My mom (aunt) was really mad and wasn't interested in taking part of the wedding preparation. I also thought she will not be there on my wedding day. She lives in Japan and hasn't talked to me ever since she knew about my pregnancy. My Tita Arlene was the one who took what is supposed to be my mom's part.

My lola said, my gown can be the simplest and rented, but it should be new. =) It should be held in our province (Laguna) and even wanted the reception to be held in our house. That, we already disagree. LOL. All the guests can't fit in our house, so we decided to just rent a place and it was the resort where my debut was held, more than a year ago.. =)

It was a literally a BIG DAY! The entourage was like a Flores de Mayo. It was the first wedding in both our sides, so Mark wanted to include EVERYONE!!! if only possible. I can't remember how many bride's maids, secondary sponsors, junior bridesmaids and flower girls I had. What I am sure is they are more that 20! ;)


I was happy that despite my mom's anger, she still chose to attend and even brought her kids along.  My lola walked down the isle despite her difficulty to walk. Everything was going according to plan... until just before the reception ends. Everybody are getting ready for the overnight pool party when Mark's brother shouted and said "Si Tin-Tin nalunod". I was 6 months pregnant  and on a 2 inches heals and I didn't care. I run and hoped to see our dear 7 year old cousin, but she was already rushed by the gate and ready to be brought to the Hospital. Mark was able to go with them in the hospital and she was declared "dead on arrival". This incident brought a gap between Tin-Tin 's parents and us. They were blaming us for what happened. I know there's nothing more painful than losing a child, but we never claimed it our fault. She has parents that should be taking good care of her every minute of her life. They are 3 siblings and all of them are included in our entourage. The mom was not ok with his husband's side so she decided not to go. The father was there and they got 2 yayas, so why put the blame on us? All we wanted was for all our guests to enjoy that's why we chose to have a pool party. If they didn't want to, they can opt not to bring their kids to the pool, but they were already swimming just before the reception ended. It was so hard to accept that the supposed to be happiest day in our lives became the most tragic day.

Please also read our First Year of Being Married and see how God worked on the 1st 365 days or our lives as a married couple.
 


2 comments:

Mommy Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, that Wedding was so memorable, in both ways..happy and sad.

Lito lang ako sa Mom and Aunt, hehehe..Anyway, your'e so lucky that there's a lot of people (family and friends) who supported you on your wedding. Di lahat ng kiankasal eh ganyan ka swerte. Bakit namaniisang picture lang ang pinost mo, sana naglagay ka ng slide show..

On the other hand, bakit naman kau ang na blame sa pagkalunod ng bata, eh hindi naman kayo ang responsible. San ba ang yaya at sa inyo nagalit?? Naku, ang mga ganyan eh di na pinapansin, bayaan mo lang, don't let it affect you,wala lang silang masisi, naghahanap ng damay.

The wedding seemed great though it ended up in a catastrophy. Ang mahalaga eh masaya kau ngayon oh di ba?

AC said... [Reply to comment]

indeed ate liz.. napaka memorable po.. hehe..

my mommy po is actually my dad's sis.. I call her mommy ever since and I call my biological mom mama whom I haven't talked to for a very long time na..

haha!!! as much as I want to brag about my wedding pics po, eh ang photographer po namin hindi pa digital ang gamit.. haha!!! so ayun, nasa 2 volumes na album at sa kabigatan, nasa pinas.. yan lang po nag iisang pic namin na soft copy.. wahaha!!!

yun na nga po.. sinisisi samin kase guilty sila.. anak nila hindi nila naalagaan ng maayos.. tapo sa yaya ni hindi manlang nagalit.. haay.. hindi na nga lang po namin pinapansin.. medyo masama din loob ng mga kapatid ni mark kase hindi manlang pinapansin si alyssa.. buti nalang kakampi ko talaga buong side nya, except sa kanila.. hehe..

yes mommy liz.. sinabi mo pa po.. masaya po kame ngayon.. we named Alyssa after her kaya nagkaron ng Kirstein name ni alyssa because of Christine..

thanks so much ate liz!!! your meme is one great way to reminisce the past..

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails