Saturday 24 April 2010

I Finally Made the Switch - From Blogger to Wordpress

Happy Home Working's New Home: Click HERE

I haven't thought of this idea before. Ever since I am a Blogger baby :-) and it's hard to outgrow it. I really find Blogger very easy to navigate. Then one time my boss asked me to create a webpage using Wordpress. I kind of find it really cool bacause I'm used to creating web pages and even designing it. I've tweaked my personal multiply site as well as my online shop many times already. And so finally, I was given an access to his Wordpress account and... Voila! I didn't know a single thing! :oops: And so I said, I can't do it. I proved myself that Wordpress isn't for me.

Until Mommy Paula, barin of BC Bloggers sent an email about a fellow mommy blogger named Mommy Ruby of Pinay Mommy Online and Mom's Hosting. She said she helps newbies set-up their blogs, transfer from Blogger to Wordpress, buy domains, etc. Still, I don't know what 'hosting' she's talking about. As for domains, I already bought 4 for my 4 blogs and Ate Liz of This is My Life walked me through to that process. After that, I thought it's done! But because I can't stop myself from exploring, the idea came to me. I got interested and researched about hosting and why a lot of people transfer from Blogger to Wordpress. But even before so, the first thing that makes me decide is when Mommy Paula told me that Mom's Hosting only costs $3/month. Right there and then, without me knowing what step I'm actually going to take, I contacted Mommy Ruby and asked her that I want her service and that I'll now transfer to Wordpress. As easy as pie! lol

As I explore the Wordpress dashboard, with much (not just a litte) research on the side, I was able to design and modify my blog's template. And only now did I realize that Wordpress is way easier for me than Blogger because styling is through CSS coding and I'm more used to it than HTML which is used by Blogger.

So am I contented only because of the template? :-? Check out again and I'll be giving more feedbacks as I work my way through Wordpress.


1 comments:

kimmyschemy said... [Reply to comment]

wish you luck, AC!

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails