Thursday 8 October 2009

My Special Day

Written: 9 November 2007

Today is "My Day"! I never thought that this day will be as special as it has always been because I know that the person responsible for all the surprises on my birthday is not around though I know that one way or another, he will do something that will keep me going the whole day.




























My hubby is thousands of miles away. He is now in London working for our family. This is the fourth time that I will be celebrating my birthday with him and in all those times, he never failed to make my day special. Midnight of November 7 2007, I checked my email from time to time expecting a heart warming message from the most important person in my life. And at 2:00AM, I got it. My hubby's message really made my cry. Though he often tells me how much he loves me, it is still so sweet to know that he never forgets the promises he made on our wedding day.

The assurance of true love made me HIGH the whole day. When I got home, I was so lazy to cook anything so I just told my in-laws that I'll just be buying ice cream. So Alyssa and I went to my in-law's house to celebrate with a little ice cream. Right after we got there, my bro-in-law arrived with a bouquet of flowers and two cakes. I was so surprised and cried in front of my in-laws. I was really touched. My hubby told me before my birthday "pano yan Mommy, hindi na kita maibibili ng cake ngayon.." It is because, in every occasion...Mother's Day, Valentines Day, my Birthday...his cake is always present.. so everytime that thought passes my mind, I feel so lonely that this birthday will be much more different including the fact that he is not here with me.

My hubby never fails to surprise me..from then 'till now..He is still the man I loved 4 years ago..


0 comments:

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails