Monday 15 February 2010

6th Valentines Surprise... Each Year is Different, But as Sweet as the First

We've been celebrating Valentines ever since we met. Our First Valentines was really memorable, but Dad never changed, until now. 

A week before Valentines day, hubby's been planning so much on what to do and where to go. I don't really have a clue if anything will push through. Then, come Saturday, we were still undecided wether to go out or not, until we both get up and convinced each other not to go back to bed. =)

We had a Valentines lunch in a Chinese restaurant to join with this year's theme "Valentines in a Chinese New Year".


Then we headed off to the movie house to watch Avatar and have our first 3D experience


And since we still have time, we went straight to Canary Warf to stroll around.


Inside Zara to goof around.


We waited for the next train... and home we went.


Our super fun Valentines celebration for this year has ended... or so I thought - Until...

The next day, I woke up to the many sweet hugs and kisses from my dear hubster with a lovely morning greeting of "Happy Valentines, Mum!" It was a nice Sunday morning and I asked Alyssa to get our no-longer-surprise card for Dad. Wait for my Mommy Moments entry for the story behind that surprise card, I'm sure you'll laugh your hearts out - because we did! =)

I asked hubby what time we're going to church and instead of the usual answer, "Of course, 11:30", I got the answer "Let's think about it later". So since it's still too early, we went back to bed and watched the whole week's episode of "Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo". We jumped out of bed when we heard a loud bang from a broken glass - it was Alyssa on top of the kitchen counter reaching for some chocolates  from the kitchen cupboard. Good thing she wasn't hurt. While we were cleaning the kitchen, the buzzer rang. I have no plans of opening it because I am not waiting for anything, I always assume they are just some promo persons giving away leaflets. Hubby forced me to check on it, though I am hesitant, I did. When I opened the door, it was a delivery man handling a box of Marks & Spencer. I read the label and was surprised to see my name printed on it. I asked the delivery man, "What's this?" he answered, "Flowers dear, it's Valentines day". Oh my! I knew it! And I said, "Hhhhmmm... That's why my hubby doesn't like to open the door... this is some kind of a suprise!" And we both laughed, but as I climb up the stairs I can't hold my tears back. It just keeps on falling. When I saw hubby, I hugged him tight and kissed him. I really wasn't expecting anything at all, because I told him not to buy me flowers anymore, all I want is a card and every time I say that, he doesn't answer back. That's the reason why he can't answer what time we're going to church, he doesn't know when the flowers will be delivered.

And I though that was it. Then he said, "Mum, can you open the oven please?" Of course I asked why, he said "Just open it, I'm going to clean it." When I opened, a giant card was sitting on the oven. And again, my tears continued flowing and much more when I read his message.


A dozen of red roses for me, a giant card and a box of Belgian chocolates for our dear Alyssa.


I always say this line, "My hubby doesn't fail to surprise me, in any occasion", but it's true. We've been celebrating Valentines the 6th time today, but nothing's changed. It was just as sweet as the first.

Happy Valentines Everyone!!!

This is my first share for Sassy Mom's Pixel Bug Weekend. Share your exciting weekends too by hitting the badge.


Photobucket



8 comments:

Mommy Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Naluluha naman ako sa ka sweetan ni Daddy Mark, wahhhh! Hubby is not sweet like that, but he would surprise me with cleaning the house, or moving furniture..Hehehe.. Iba iba ang ka sweetan ng mga hubbies natin noh? Nagkataon na ang sa akin eh di nakakakilig, grrr...

anne said... [Reply to comment]

Hi girl, belated happy valentines your family is so lovely and so happy... hehehe

Clarissa said... [Reply to comment]

awww!!so sweet talaga ng hubby mo!!I've been hungry for years on roses kahit na hinde VD!Lucky you coz he's so sweet to give you roses!!How envious!!

Willa said... [Reply to comment]

Sweet photo!What a great way to celebrate the heart's day!
and btw,your daughter is such a fabuolous fahionista!

Seiko said... [Reply to comment]

Nakakaiyak na kilig naman to sa super sweet ng hubby mo with all the surprises nakakatouch talaga.You're both very much blessed to have each other & w/ a beautiful daughter.God Bless!

Maria Berg said... [Reply to comment]

So sweet!
/MB

Mel_Cole said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Sis! I like this group and will check it out. I like the pictures you got here, what photoshop are you using?

Sassy Mom said... [Reply to comment]

Awww.. how sweet! Love your photos!

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails