Tuesday 16 March 2010

CC: Our Bedtime Habits

Image the 4 of us (Mark, AC, Alyssa and Winnie the Pooh Bear) in bed, respectively - all in "spoon" position, but legs are always intertwining with each other - except Pooh's. That's basically how we really sleep. We're all facing right because Alyssa can't sleep without an arm wrapped around her and she really wakes up just to say, "hug". So Dad has no choice but to face right as well so he can hug me. When Alyssa's asleep as she sleeps first most of the time, it's Daddy's turn to be hugged - either in spoon position or my head under his arm, but again, the legs... LOL And all throughout the night, I am being squashed by the two and can barely move. =)

Before, I have this mannerism of scratching my feet in mosquito net... LOL! When at home, watching TV, reading, playing and most specially sleeping, my mosquito net (full or small portion) must be placed on my feet because without it, I can't really stay put. I had this mannerism since childhood and only got rid of it when we arrived here in London which was only last April 2008. =) And I don't know how it happened. I still brought it here, actually 2 small pieces, but instantly my feet were not looking for it anymore. So YES! Hubby was able to sleep with me for about 5 years with that little mosquito net. My Lola failed to stop me from that mannerism, so when I was in college, she was the one who's cutting the mosquito net for me and even sewing it on a small pillow so I can bring it anywhere I go. Oh, how I miss my Lola... =( I always keep in mind what she said to me before - never be used to sleeping with the kid in the middle, always make sure that when you sleep, you and Mark should always be beside each other because not being used to it will soon draw you away from each other. And yes, Alyssa sleeps either on my side or on Mark's side, she has to choose.

When it comes to snoring, hubby and Alyssa said I don't snore, so good for them! LOL... On the other hand, hubbster snores a little and not really loud. And because he doesn't believe that he now (yes, not before) snores, just last month Alyssa and I recorded it and we all burst into laughter the next morning. hahaha!!! Hubby asked about more than 5x, "Mum, totoo? Ako nga yun?" and laugh again...


So far, we don't have disturbing habits in bed. How about you? Do have some interesting bedtime habits? Come and share them with us on Mommy Liz's Couples Corner. Hit the badge!


6 comments:

eds said... [Reply to comment]

haha nakakatuwa nman tong habbits nio. oh well me friend ako na ang mannerism eh yang kulambo. and like you dala kahit san mapunta. kahit gala mode kami me kulambo kaming dala. and take note. lahat silang magkakapatid may kulambo sa paa sa pagtulog. minsan itinatali pa sa paa..bakit kaya no? un nanay nila taon taon bumibili ng kulambo tapos hahatiin sa lima hehe.. ang cute! pero buti nman at hindi namaba ni alyssa?

BTW bakit si ate liz wala pa nito? kanina ko pa tsinecheck..

Me-an said... [Reply to comment]

hahaha... i also have few friends and relatives who can't sleep without mosquito net placed on their feet. How funny...but me I got irritated with the texture..its good that Garren and hubby can sleep without it.

Mommy Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Pareho kau ng cousin ko, may maliit na mosquito net din yun, pero paa lang ang natatakpan, ewan lang kung dala pa rin niya gang Canada ang kulambo niya,. kasi the last time na nagkita kami 2007 sa Pinas, nakatakip sa binti niya yun eh, hehehe.

Buti pa kau at spooning position, naku kami ni Rodney, hindi, at lalong di ako makatulog na nakaunan sa kanyang mga braso, kasi nangangawit ang leeg ko.

Si Wrozlie ang nasa gitna namin kapag sinumpong at lumipat sa aming room, kasi mahuhulog siya kapag sa gilid siya eh.

I enjoy reading your entry..

Chubskulit Rose said... [Reply to comment]

wahahahaha at ayaw pang maniwala lol... I like how you describe it "Spoon" position lol.

Kami naman, sometimes laging disturb tulog ko sa snore ng asawa ko at minsan pa yung dalawa gusto matulog sa bed namin, puro nasosnore din wahhhhh..

About payu2 nga pala, I suggest i follow up mo by email.. Constant follow up lang naman ang secret dyan eh hehehe, that's my secret.. being makulit works for me lol.

Kero said... [Reply to comment]

i-record ba?hehe hubby as well snores a little but i guess i need my sleep so much it doesn't bother me. pero kapag umiyak si baby boy gising ko kaagad to make timpla ng gats lolz!

wow... kasama pa talaga si winnie hihi. you really have a wonderful happy family.

lina@happy family said... [Reply to comment]

Love reading this...my hubby also snores a little, so, it doesn't annoy me.
Have a nice sleep...

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails