Wednesday 3 March 2010

Honesty is the Best Policy - Couple's Corner


Oh, I'm guilty!!! I'm sorry, but I am a good liar. I make people believe in my lies, most specially my Lola, Papa, Titos and Titas and I do it every time I don't want to get scolded.*BAD* But not my husband (DIFFERENT HIM - in Tagalog, IBAHIN NYO SYA!) LOL... I have tried to lie so many times to Mark when we weren't married yet, but there's NO single thing that he wasn't able to catch. I am bad, I know and I hate myself for it. For those of you who have been an avid supporter of Couple's Corner, I'm sure you already know what I mean, but if you're lost with what I'm talking about then my story's HERE. Hey, don't get me wrong... I've graduated from that way way back... I'm GOOD now! Promise! =)

About our marriage, I would say I have nothing more to hide. I already confessed everything to my hubby and I believe by doing so, I was again able to gain his trust. With regard to issues in marriage like money, physical features and most specially, FEELINGS, I would say that we've already mastered the art of it that those things no longer count as issues at all. 

Just like all the other SAHMs, in our family, only hubby brings home the bacon. Good thing he earns enough that I can afford not to work. I hope every family can just be like us - moms stay at home and dads work and earn enough for the family. Sending money to our loved ones back home is never an issue. He provides for my father's medicines and he supports his brother's education. No matter how much he gives to any of our families are all agreed by us and I believe nothing's wrong with helping or just giving.

Physical features? Oh well, basically we're honest, but on his part, I'm not so sure...LOL. I can say freely how big his tummy is and how much weight he's gained as compared to when I met him. Quite different though when it's about mine. I believe he still can't tell me directly if he noticed my belly fats, more so my amazona arms. Every time I ask him if i'm getting as fat as my family, he'll only say, "Hhhmmm, medyo?" hahaha!!! I think it's already in his character that if he knows he can hurt me or any person in any way, he better not tell it at all. You can seldom hear him complain or even comment even if he knows something's happened and it's my fault. And we're very opposite, because I tell what I want and I keep on nagging, "You see? I told you...la..la..la.." Oh how lucky I am to have such a loving and understanding husband.

I believe being honest with our feelings is really important. We have to say how we feel, but it's the manner of saying it that actually matters. Like if I am feeling cross about him not listening to me or anything, I say it, but I make sure I won't raise my voice. It's something I learned from my hubby. He never raised his voice on me, not even once so I think it's just right to do the same. And if he wants me to know how he feels, most of the time he jokes about it. I'm the one who's easily hurt even though nothing's really needed to get serious of (oh, I believe most girls are, right?), while as I said, my hubby's so understanding and that he's so good at controlling his temper, because if not, I'm sure no more glass things are left and everything in our house are all unbreakable. LOL!

If you think you have something to share about your married lives, may it be fun or not, please feel free to join us. We, at Couple's Corner, don't judge each other's lives. We share and we learn from each other's experiences and views. So what are you waiting for? Hop on and enjoy the fun. Our host, Ate Liz of This is My Life, is one great wifey who'll surely lend a helping hand if you think you need one or can just be a friend who's always willing to listen and talk. =) Love you Ate Liz! 


3 comments:

Mommy Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Kaya dito sa amin lahat plastic, hahaha! Naku,si Fahfah Rodney, lagi akong nahuhuli kapag ako eh nagsisinungaling, isang tingin lang sa aking mga mata, sasabihin nya "you're a bad liar"

Lying to the person you're living with is so impossible, I mean, how can you look directly into his eyes? When I lie, I can't sleep, unless, pera sa Pinas, I will send my own money if I have to send more than what we agreed upon,
kasi di ba ang sarap huminga kapag you're not keeping any secret from your hubster.

Last night before Rodney even read my entry, he came to me, touched my belly and said " did u eat cheesecake today?" ang busit, matapos sukatin ang aking tyan, nag comment ng ganon? hehehe, that's his way of saying, "laki ng tyan mo ah" wahahaha!

I am so glad that you and Mark have great relationship because of being honest with each other.

If you ever need a friend, I am just 1 IM away.

Mommy Kharen said... [Reply to comment]

how inspiring naman ang relationship sis...Like you before I am a good liar also before..hehehe (lusutan ba ito hahaha).. you're really very lucky..

kimmyschemy said... [Reply to comment]

why is it difficult or even impossible to lie to the person we married? because they are our better halves...

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails