Tuesday 2 March 2010

Food Tasting for Haiti

I believe we have chosen a good school for our daughter. The school and the teachers have been our helping hands in guiding our daughter in becoming a good person. She has learned so much since the Nursery days and now that she's already a level higher.

Just last 10 February, the school conducted a food tasting project open for all parents to share whatever they fancy for others to taste. It's basically the International Week so most parents shared popular dishes from their countries of origin. It's my first time in the event, so I don't have an idea how it's going to be. I just decided to bake chocolate crinkles where I shared the recipe in Come Dine In, because Filipino stores are not very near and I don't have the right ingredients to make any of my country's lovely foods. I planned to do it next year, though. 


Each has to pay £1 for every 5 desserts and another £1 for every 5 savouries. With the help of all the parents, teachers and students, the school was able to collect £200+ to be donated to Haiti. 

What a nice way to share LOVE during the "Love Month".


3 comments:

Dhemz said... [Reply to comment]

wow! good to know...this is definitely a good cause....:)

your daughter is gorgeous!

salamat sa dalaw sa kitchen ko sis...ingat!

Mommy Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, that's a great way of helping others, dito ang tawag nila eh Bake Sale kapag for charity purposes. Cute naman ni Alyssa, ang ganda ng combination nyo ni daddy Mark.

Medyo nawala ako sa circulation last weekend, nag adik sa Kyle XY na series, yun pala, walang ending, wahhhh!

Stef said... [Reply to comment]

What a nice idea! It already serve it's purpose of charity and at the same time an opportunity for all the parents to get to know each other...in a delicious way hehe... we love choco crinkles!

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails