Monday 1 March 2010

I'm No Career Woman

Career has always been the last thing on my list of priorities. When God has given me my own family earlier than usual, I still strived to attain my degree. I might have thought of being a working mom - wearing a nice corporate attire, working in a cosy office environment, struggling to climb the corporate ladder - but when I've already tried my best to have the job that I'm dying to have and failed many times, I started to accept the meaning that it wants to communicate with me. 

The first factor why I don't fit in any job that I'm applying for is TIME. I have a daughter whom I have to bring to school in the morning and pick up at around 3:30 in the afternoon. That alone won't let me work full time (9-5 job) and so I only apply for part-time positions, but because I'm new and don't have enough experience yet, it's so impossible that they give me the time most convenient to me.

Then I re-learned the blogging world. As I explore, a large community of moms staying at home and earning while blogging and doing some freelance works welcomed me. I tried and on my first month of trial, it seems like it's whispering to my ears, "THIS IS THE RIGHT THING FOR YOU."

I just got an interview invitation from the nearest hotel in our place, but the working pattern will hinder me from doing what I love - preparing my hubby and daughter in the morning and being unable to pick her up on time every Friday. I thought about it, but at the end, hubby and I realized that with all the opportunities coming my way at the start of 2010 I can earn the same while working at home. 

I'm already blessed with everything - having a husband who's always been a good provider and the time that I am able to dedicate to my family and these I really thank God for letting me to have. I no longer need a career that will bring me to the top while slowly forgetting that I am the light of my home. My family is my priority and if career is there, it's surely at the last.


2 comments:

Me-an said... [Reply to comment]

We have the same views Mommy AC. I am an Industrial Engineer by profession and working from a multinational company when I have decided to stop working because I am having hard time to conceive. Said to myself that I'll start working again after giving birth...but...having a baby gives a lot of reason to be a full time mother. And I don't regret it because my family is the most important thing in my life.. Cheers to us

Mommy Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Well said Mommy AC. minsan kasi working and contributing to the family (money wise) is not the most important of all. Lucky us that our hubbies make enough money to support the family. I feel bad to those who cannot afford to live comfortably without the mom working even if it means the kids suffer due to the absence of the LIGHT of the house.

Mag blog na lang tayo di ba?? masaya pa.

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails