Thursday 25 March 2010

CC: Sacrifices Then and Now

This week's theme in Couple's Corner is about "Sacrifices for Loved Ones". I'll try my very best not to get too emotional about his post. =) *hope so*

Oh well, I believe sacrifices are my best friends since birth. LOL... I think I have sacrificed sooooooo much!!! as in SOOOOO MUCH!!! for my family (I'm talking about my being a daughter). I have to sacrifice not having a whole and happy family for the sake of my parents. I don't think they ever tried so hard to keep our family whole and happy. They just wanted to enjoy their lives (oh, that I know is true and they can't contest!). Being a mom and wife now, I know for myself that this responsibility has been given to me by God and I can't just let any circumstance break it up. I just hope my parents handled their responsibilities better then, but of course, everything happened for a good reason. But looking back, I just can't help but feel the pain on everything I've been through (dark childhood indeed) because I don't have my biological mom to guide me, but I was blessed by having all the love of my father, lola, aunts and uncles. 

Let's jump to my family now. I had my family even before I earn my degree, so I guess I'm lucky that I don't have a career to sacrifice. The only thing I have now is my degree which others would think is now going to waste, but is actually not. God has been so good that he opened new opportunities for me where I can use it and earn while still being a full-time mom and wife. 

Looking back and comparing all my sacrifices then and now, I believe what it did was to mold me and get me ready to who I should be now. I won't be where I am and I won't have what I have now if not for everything that had happened to me. All I can say now is "THANK YOU, LORD" because He blessed me with a very wonderful family that I can call "My Own". I may not have it before, but I already have it now. Though it's painful to think of the past, it's always much joy to think of the present and the future and I guess, that's how we learn.

I think my post is outside the couple's sacrifices part, but we haven't sacrificed so much for the sake of both of us aside from hubby being away from us for about 6 months so I can finish my studies and he can have a better career here. But since we were able to live together again after that, I guess it erases the fact that for once in our lives we actually lived a million miles away.

Click the badge and read different kinds of sacrifices on this week's Couple's Corner.


10 comments:

Mommy Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Malalim nga ang sacrifice mo Iha, pero alam mo, may mga sinasakripisyo ka, pero di mo lang alam na ginagawa mo yun. Minsan kasi di naman natin nasusukat ang sakripisyo ng isang tao eh. Don't worry about you not having a career right now. Caring for your family is the best thing a wife/mom can ever do to her family. I am sorry to hear that you had a dark childhood, but you carried you life really well. I am so proud of you.

Azumi's Mom ★ said... [Reply to comment]

Sis i feel you.. same here, i didn't grew up with my mom kaya siguro gusto ko hands on sa lil girl ko.. dami nga nagreact kasi pwedi naman daw ipasok sa daycare hay naku... ANyway, im so sure na agree ka when i say its so fulfilling na nawiwitness natin mga developments ng kiddos natin.. have a nice weekend dear =)

Mommy Kharen said... [Reply to comment]

in this post u also twisted on my emotion sis..
but as what u have said on the latter part much joy of the present.. you deserve it..you deserves it all what you have right now.

Chubskulit Rose said... [Reply to comment]

sacrifice is part of life.. Yung mga sacrifices mo maliliit lang yan compared to others but you're right, it mold you into a better person.

kimmyschemy said... [Reply to comment]

everything happens for a reason. you may not know the reason now, surely you will realize it later..

AC said... [Reply to comment]

@Mommy Liz Awww.... Thanks Ate Liz! I can't broadcast to everyone what I've been through, but I hope I can open it up to you... Thanks for being a true sister... love you!!! mwuah!!!

AC said... [Reply to comment]

@Bambie dear ★ Ay... I sooo agree!!! Minsan lang kase ang tingin ng iba, you're successful if you have a career other than being a mom.. pero dba? There are just moms like us who believe that TIME with our kids and family are the most precious... aanhin naman natin ang kayamanan?

AC said... [Reply to comment]

@kha Thanks sistah... If only I can share to everyone what that dark childhood means... but no... i'd rather not... baka mapaiyak ka pa lalo.. wahaha!!!

AC said... [Reply to comment]

@chubskulit I know, Ate Rose.. kaya nga sino ba naman ako para mag inarte dba? eh kakarampot lang yun compared sa ibang todo todo sakripisyo sa buhay... and I am in good hands now.. All I have to think of are the blessings that God had given me after all those sacrifices...

AC said... [Reply to comment]

@simply kim I think I know it now Mommy Kim... I am happy and contented and God gave me this family in exchange of the one I lost...

Post a Comment

What more can I say, but THANKS to YOU!!! Your time and opinion are precious and I want you to know how much I appreciate them and your stay. Come back often... =)


And please do check my other blogs too... =)
Come Dine In - My Recipes and Food Stories
Cheeky Munchkins - My Share on Parenting
Join My Stroll - Anything, Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails